Greg Hoffman


4/13/2008

 

The Great TwitterMeThis Debate of 2008

I remember when I started following blogs back in 2001-ish and I followed the debate of what a blog was and what it wasn't. Some of the original bloggers (think of the Rebecca Blood era, but not her) argued that their style was the best and only way to publish a blog. When easy to publish services like Blogger started, they went nuts, saying that their culture of blog would be ruined by all the newbie wannabes.

These purist attitudes also said no to lights at Wrigley Field, no to Michael Keaton as Batman, no to NAFTA and the New World Order. But nothing could stop progress.

I say let Jim Kukral continue his TwitterMeThis experiment. There is nothing wrong with affiliates testing new and unique ways of earning money. Shawn Collins and Sam Harrelson have been beating down Jim for a week now and even puppets are getting in on the act.

Oh and by the way, thanks for the $5, Jim. I enjoyed beating out Scott on that trivia question. Sorry Jangro.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Blood said...

Hi Greg,

I don't recall going nuts when Blogger was introduced - in fact, if you read my book, you'll find a tutorial at the end designed to walk the reader through creating their first Blogger blog. I hand coded my site for years, but I've never felt there was any need for others to do the same.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Marketing Gorilla said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Marketing Gorilla said...

I didn't mean you exactly, Rebecca, but some of the other original bloggers were a bit pretentious. I loved your blog.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home