Greg Hoffman


3/30/2008

 

Baseball makes life better, somehow...

Earlier this evening, I watched the Washington Nationals beat the Atlanta Braves tonight in the U.S. season opener for Major League Baseball. The new ballpark in D.C. looked awesome. I can't wait to go there for a game.

I also just finished loading up my free fantasy baseball team. Can't afford the expensive versions on Fanball.com this year.

Opening week for baseball just means something for me. Something extra. It means a chance to think of all the minor league games I used to go to with my grandfather, all the spring training games with my dad and the rush of fantasy baseball drafts at the last minute since my first team almost 20 years ago.

Tracking stats for individual players on a daily basis keeps you involved in all aspects of baseball, not just one team. However, I do plan to follow the Rays as much as possible this season. The young stars, the kick ass attitude and the talk of a new stadium in St. Pete, might make it worthwhile.

Hopefully this will be a good start to the week. April really needs to bring good things.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home