Greg Hoffman


12/09/2007

 

Celebrity/Scientologist Sighting - Catherine Bell in Clearwater

I had brunch with my girlfriend, Kristin, and a a group of friends this morning at the Island Way Grill in Clearwater Beach. They have a fabulous spread of breakfast and lunch food along with way too much seafood and sushi. I definitely ate my limit and walked away satisfied.

But about halfway through brunch I noticed the woman at the table next to us looked just like Catherine Bell from JAG. I don't think I missed any of the shows, either new or in syndication. I was a huge fan so I asked Kristin what she thought and that's when Catherine took off her sunglasses and we were positive it was her. She was there with her husband and daughter, along with some friends and other family. Happy, good looking family.

While everyone at our table was finishing brunch, I was pulling up tv.com on my Treo and reading about Catherine Bell. You gotta love technology.

So now I come home and read more about her and find out the reason she was in Clearwater. She's a Scientologist. Not my favorite cult in the world but they are the largest taxpayer in the city of Clearwater.

I hope they had a good weekend, they certainly had a good brunch. I'll have to go back there often. Who knows what other celebrity/scientologists I'll see, maybe Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Kirstie Alley?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just surprised you have watched every episode of JAG. I thought you had to be a senior citizen to watch that show!

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey not just "senior citizens" watched JAG... I too watched JAG avidly and love David James Eliot and Catherine Bell.

I just "caught" up to her this evening at Publix (Island Estates) where she helped me locate an item I was looking for and had trouble finding. I heard someone tell me where said item was and looked up to find myself face to face with Catherine.

I briefly spoke with her after that and said hi to her husband and daughter. She said that pending the whole outcome of the writers strike there will be a second season of the show she's currently starring in "Army Wives".

She was just as friendly as could be and looked beautiful, even without being all made up for TV.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was she working at Publix???? Wow, that writers strike must be tough on her finances!

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home