Greg Hoffman


5/17/2007

 

The old resume taped to box of Dunkin Donuts trick


I found the perfect position in affiliate marketing here in the Clearwater, Fla. area this week and applied through Monster.com. I didn't hear back right away so I sent a message through the contact us page on their site. Then I sent a LinkedIn message to connect with the owner of the company.

And then it came to me. I had to shamelessly bribe them. So I delivered a box of a dozen glazed Dunkin Donuts to their office and taped my resume to the top. The CEO's Executive Asst. took the resume and thanked me for the donuts. She promised to hand deliver the resume to the boss.

Now I'm sitting back, waiting for the phone to ring.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg
It would be interesting to know how linked you are to the owner of the company- first level, second, third? Has the owner not responded to that message via LinkedIn. Has the message indeed been delivered? If the system's not working for you, wouldn't you have to ask just how linked you really are to this person? Of course, the owner might be slack in responding to the message.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Marketing Gorilla said...

Third. I used my best LinkedIn contact and now I'm waiting for the second person to forward the message. Hopefully, the process will work efficiently.

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know if Linkedin works - I've yet to meet anyone who actually has success with it.

Donuts: good idea. :)

12:52 PM  
Blogger Marketing Gorilla said...

The donuts worked. Interview Monday at 2 p.m.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Darlene McDaniel said...

I have to know the outcome to this cliffhanger. Please let me know if you hear back and get the interview!!

I like unique ways of communicating your desire for the job. I am all about differentiation!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Gidge Uriza said...

I await an email on Monday with a recap of your day!

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Tom Pick said...

Hope the interview goes well. I did what I could to help with that plus get the #1 spot back on Google for your name in my latest blog post.

Let us know how it goes!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Marketing Gorilla said...

Interview Complete. Thank you for the support this week.

Light some candles and think good thoughts so I can become a finalist for this position on Wednesday afternoon...

6:24 PM  
Blogger Lee G. said...

How's about your send me your resume? LeadPoint (www.leadpoint.com) is hiring... lee.gientke AT leadpoint DOT com. There's always room for ambitious, aggressive affiliate marketers here.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Marketing Gorilla said...

Second Interview Scheduled.
WooHoo!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Marketing Gorilla said...

I got the job. Announcement coming soon.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home