Greg Hoffman


4/20/2007

 

Guerrilla Marketing - What is it?

It's always fun to look at your web analytics and find out where your visitors are coming from. Chances are, you went to Google and typed in "Gorilla Marketing", instead of "Guerrilla Marketing". Here's what you need to know.

My definition of guerrilla marketing obviously morphed into my online identification as the Marketing Gorilla - A Guy who works 18 hours a day planning and executing strategy. Finding ways to attract customers my competition hasn't thought of yet. Engaging my audience to want more. Believing in the product. But most importantly, protecting the brands.

After learning the ropes of Public Relations and Marketing Communications from a small agency in Atlanta, I started my own company, The Tarpon Agency. My clients didn't have six figure budgets, so I had to learn guerrilla tactics to get them the publicity and sales leads they deserved. To this day, I still incorporate that philosophy, even if my corporate budget is enviable.

The most trusted source for guerrilla marketing information is Jay Conrad Levinson. If his books aren't on your shelf, then that's where you need to start.

Wikipedia sums up guerrilla marketing as the following:
It is argued that if one uses guerrilla tactics, one will find one's small size an advantage. One will be able to obtain publicity more easily than a large company. One will be closer to one's customers and more agile.

Using guerrilla marketing in competive warfare also has its advantages. No matter how large the company's are, the one who stays two steps ahead will take the market share. It is fun to be in that situation, though. Some day I'll blog about it.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Swollen Pickles said...

"Using guerrilla marketing in competive warfare also has its advantages. No matter how large the company's are, the one who stays two steps ahead will take the market share. It is fun to be in that situation, though. Some day I'll blog about it."

I hope you blog about this soon! Cheers

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home