Greg Hoffman


8/27/2005

 

My top 40

So many bloggers are making a big fuss over the recently released Top 100 or 500 lists, I thought it might be a good idea to come up with my own list, not just a blogroll.

What do I read in FeedDemon everyday?

By the way, I did complain that the Security Awareness Blog should have been listed in the Top 500 list but Scott Johnson at Feedster didn’t have a response to my whining.

Seriously, these aren't just links to good sites, this is what I read everyday in FeedDemon. I scan the headlines, read the synopsis and decide whether or not to read the entire post - Just like my high school History teacher, Mr. Carney taught me how to read the newspaper every morning.

Here are my 40 subscriptions listed by category:

Miscellaneous

Lifehacker

Just For Small Business

Ask Crabby's Gazette

St. Petersburg Times - Tech Times


Business Blogging

Website Content Strategy | Sally Falkow

800-CEO-READ Blog

Blog Business World

Blog Tips – ProBlogger

BloggersBlog.com

Blogging Pro

BLOGthenticity

Dana VanDen Heuvel

debbie's blog

Fast Company Now

hyku | blog - Josh Hallett

Slacker Manager

Vaspers the Grate


Computer Security

secureme

digg / security

digg / technology

Geek News Central

Schneier on Security

Scobleizer: Microsoft Geek Blogger

Security Awareness for Ma, Pa and the Corporate Clueless

Slashdot

Speaking of Security


Marketing and PR

a shel of my former self

Buzz Marketing with Blogs

Canuckflack

Duct Tape Marketing

Guerrilla Marketing for Consultants

Marcom Blog

Marketing Catalyst

Media Guerrilla

Micro Persuasion

Musings from POP! Public Relations

PR meets the WWW

PR. Differently

Rob Frankel - Branding Expert

Seth's Blog




, ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blog list! Just compiling my own and was looking for some good PR/marketing ones! Thanks--Gail Frank

9:25 AM  
Blogger steven edward streight said...

Dang you anyway, Greg W.

You beat me to it.

I was going to do a favorite blogs list, and also a Most Authoritative Blogs list (not necessarily the same) at Vaspers the Grate.

I am incredibly flattered to be in your list. Thank you, friend.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Alex Marlin said...

Nice Blog you got here.
Love your list, wish i had one of my own. Will start working on my own list.

Just started blogging, and I am not too tech sabby, learning as I go.

Thanks for the list.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg

Great list of very useful blogs. I'll have to update my RSS feeds with your recommendations.

9:54 PM  
Blogger thomsinger said...

Great list. I found your blog cuz one of your top 40 (Bruce Allen's Marketing Catalyst Blog) mentions your list. Not only is your list excellent...so is your blog. I have found a few new favorites. Which means more reading and learning everyday for me.

thank you.

thom

10:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your list is a very good one, featuring a wide variety of first class bloggers. It was an honour and a privilege for my blog be included among them. Thanks.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Mike Bawden said...

So I'm having dinner last night with Greg Brooks and he says "Have you heard from Greg Hoffman lately?"

And I said, "No. But if he were compiling a list of "A-List" marketing blogs, I'm sure he'd have one of mine on there."

Dang you, Greg Hoffman! (Hahaha)

Thanks for the list of suggestions. I, in fact, have most of them on my blogroll already. Of course, had you visited http://brandcentralstation.blogspot.com you would have known that already.

Oh, wait, was that a shameless plug? Yeah, I guess so.

Take care, buddy. And keep in touch.

Mike.

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home